Teachers Leading Professional Learning Modules
NNSTOY’S TEACHERS LEADING LEARNING MODULES
...empower teachers to become effective leaders. Based on the Teacher Leader Model Standards, we provide teachers with the tools to inspire and innovate, and to manage organizational change, facilitate collaboration and guide sustainable reform initiatives.
Why is NNSTOY Your Best Choice?
Our Impact Across the Nation
Our National and State Teachers of the Year have supported thousands of educators in developing their teacher leadership skills. Teachers who have participated in our learning sessions have done innovative things, including implementing hybrid teaching models, initiating state advisory councils to their respective Departments of Education, and hosting statewide convenings to foster teacher leadership.
Our Teacher-Focused Mission
NNSTOY, an organization of teacher leaders who are recognized by their state for teaching excellence, is transforming the teaching profession by using its credible voice to support policies and practices that advance teacher leadership, educator effectiveness, and the conditions, capacity, and culture necessary to support great teaching and learning for all students.
We Give Customers What They Want
- Access to superior Teachers Leading Learning Modules created by expert educators.
- Cost-effective plans to suit particular needs.
- The convenience and confidence of NNSTOY customer care.
- The reassurance of our experience in supplying quality instruction delivered by nationally recognized expert teachers.
We Stand Out from the Crowd
- Our modules provide actionable plans for immediate use and implementation.
- Our Teachers Leading Learning Modules benefit the education spectrum – teachers, school administrators and state education leaders.
- The learning modules that you have used before may not have met your needs.
- Other modules that you have considered are too expensive.
- Other products are confusing or too complex for teachers to grasp in one day.
Our Customers Speak Highly of Us
“The presentation really pointed toward the future of the teaching profession. The session allowed participants to think about new roles and pathways for teacher leaders. It acknowledged many teacher’s desire to take on a more meaningful leadership role in their schools without leaving the classroom.”
Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction, Somers Point School District
Principal, New York Avenue School
“As teachers, we are skilled in working with children...the art of pedagogy. This module helps us as teacher leaders make a shift, building the skills necessary to work with adult learners.”
Megan M. Allen, NBCT
2010 Florida Teacher of the Year
Director, Master of Arts in Teacher Leadership
Mount Holyoke College
“The Teachers Leading Learning Modules facilitated by NNSTOY have been some of the most worthwhile professional learning experiences of my career. The actionable strategies and toolkit of skills were shared with my colleagues and currently there are multiple educator-led projects underway to improve student learning and community connections.”
Finalist, 2014 Connecticut State Teacher of the Year
Our Module Content will Take You to the Next Level of Teacher Leadership
The NNSTOY Teacher Leader Learning Modules empower education professionals to improve the quality of teaching and student learning. The modules reflect current research and will prepare you to take action and create tangible changes in your school and district.
The Adult Learning and Leadership Module combines research, tools, and interactive practices to build your capacity to lead through four components:
- Exploring Leadership
- Applying Adult Learning Theory
- Facilitating Effective teams
- Designing and Implementing Change
The Research and Data to Improve Practice Module equips you with the skills and dispositions to support colleagues in using research and data through three components:
- Bringing Research Into Focus
- Leading Colleagues in Using Research
- Driving Changes in Practice
The Professional Learning Module will equip you to create professional learning systems to improve educator practice and student learning through three components:
- Assessing School Culture and Climate
- Designing and Implementing Professional Learning
- Measuring the Impact of Professional Learning
Coming Soon - Additional Learning Modules to Further Hone Your Teacher Leader Skills!
The Organizational Improvement through Assessment Design Module – We will empower you to facilitate and support colleagues in using assessment tools to inform decisions to improve practice and student learning.
- The Engaging in Policy and Advocacy Module - We will help you understand how to effectively engage in policy and to advocate for students and the profession.
All module presenters are members of the National Network of State Teachers of the Year. For information on booking a workshop, please contact Jessica Hansen at [email protected]